Class Site

Monday 29 August 2016

My speech

My Speechthe-district-provides-speech-and-or-language-therapy-to-students-who-myvGxf-clipart.jpg
Title: Satwriting_f1.jpg
WALT: write a speech
Remember to:
  • followed the hamburger technique
  • check that message/information/story is clear
  • a have ending that is effective & finishes off the speech
  • write my ideas in a logical order
  • check my speech is suited to my target audience
  • write my speech in my words



Have you ever played in a Netball game before? Or have your parents sign you up to play Netball and you don’t know how to play?  That must be hard, here are some tips for you, if you need it. Hi my name is May and today I will be talking about Netball.

The reason why I like Netball because when I shoot and it goes in I feel so happy and it is fun, it is fun because I have got a chance to shoot and get the goals for my team. The tip is that you need to be confident you also need to be to believe in yourself, trust.
There is only 1 reason why I add in the word FUN: Because it make me happy and it also reminds me of the time when we went on a trip last year to MOTAT it was KA PAI.

There is also team work,  it is a team spirit game. You could use team work by standing in your positions and your team can pass you the ball. There can only be 7 players on the court. The winning tip is simple good team - work. The ability to score more goals than the other team by working together.

The Rules
Although 7 players to score the goals there will be two people standing in the circle surrounding the hoop. The 2 people standing in the circle is called GS- goal shoot, GA- goal Attack. The ball starts in the center. In the middle of the court there will be 2 people standing in the middle of the court to start the game.

The C-center can not pass the ball unless the referee has blown the whistle.  When the whistle is blown the C-center can pass the ball to one of her/his team mates.


The Game
Each player has a position in the court. If the c-center is going to pass you the ball you need to be ready so the ball can come towards you.

If the other team has the ball you need to be ready to defend the person at the left, right,. Behind or in the front. Mostly you have a partner to defend.

Now you know why I love playing Netball and you have an understanding of how the game is played. I want to be more like Maria Tutaia the best Netball player I know. Who do you want to be like? Watch a game and find out. Thank you for listening to my speech .

Last week we had to do speeches to share to the class.


2 comments:

  1. Kia Ora May. I am Megan from Grey Main School in Greymouth. I like how you have told us what do do when you are playing Netball. What Netball team do you play for? When you are older do you want to make a career of Netball? Next time you could add in a picture of your speech. Poroporoaki (good bye).

    ReplyDelete
  2. i like your speach couse it,s me thinna

    ReplyDelete